85-hour Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training with Vanessa Mitchell, Feb 12 - 23 (Sydney)
February 12 - 23, 2018
Monday - Friday
Enhance your yoga teaching with a qualification in prenatal yoga. This intensive 85-hour training will teach you how to use the principles of yoga for pregnancy, birth preparation, and labour.
Advance your skills to provide safe instruction for pregnant women, and empower them to use yoga as a way to maintain a strong body, calm mind, and connection with their growing baby.
ABOUT VANESSA MITCHELL
A yoga devotee for over 25 years, Vanessa is a certified prenatal yoga teacher, hatha, and yin yoga instructor, post natal teacher and birth educator. She brings a unique blend of hatha yoga, birthing preparation techniques and conscious relaxation to encourage a safe and nurturing practice for pregnant mums to enjoy and connect with their body, mind and growing baby within.
Her classes include flow and static asanas specifically designed for the pregnant woman to promote strength and elasticity and to enhance the natural and vital and restorative energies of the body and mind. Expect pranayama, vocal toning techniques, pelvic floor and abdominal toning to allow you to face birth with confidence, calm and inner strength.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Through these teacher trainings, our mission is to create teachers of quality, integrity and professionalism.
We strongly believe that the best learning outcomes occur in an environment that feels safe, supportive and nurturing. With this in mind, we strive to deliver high quality trainings that guarantee each student gets the personalised attention they need.
We will empower you to find your own unique and authentic voice, and prepare you in the best way possible for a career in yoga.
This course will consist of theoretical and practical components, and is designed to ensure that you leave feeling confident and prepared to handle pregnant students in your general yoga classes, as well as conducting prenatal yoga classes.
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF PRENATAL YOGA
- The yoga teacher’s role and relationship with pregnant students
- Understanding the changing needs of the pregnant woman and baby physically, mentally, and emotionally
- Benefits of yoga practice during pregnancy
- Contraindications of yoga practice during pregnancy
- Understanding of physical and psychological considerations during pregnancy
- Relationships with other health care professionals
- Knowing when to suggest that the student consult a health care professional regarding pregnancy issues
- How to differentiate between high-risk and non-high-risk pregnancy
- Design of lesson plans for the beginning and/or advanced student during each trimester
- Sequencing classes in a safe, logical and effective way
- Theming classes to allow students to connect with their baby
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
- Human anatomy and physiology during pregnancy
- Subtle anatomy during pregnancy
- How organs function during pregnancy
- Overview of complications including premature labour, hypertension, pre-eclampsia miscarriage, and body mechanics
YOGA PHILOSOPHY, LIFESTYLE AND ETHICS
- Applying yoga philosophy to conception, pregnancy, and child birth
- How yoga philosophy applies to the pregnant woman and her baby
TECHNIQUES & PRACTISE TEACHING
Monday - Friday
8.15am - 9.15am - Prenatal Practice
9.30am - 12.00pm - Theory Session
12.00pm - 1.00pm - Lunch
1.15pm - 3.15pm - Theory Session
3.15pm - 4.15pm - Practice Teaching
Full Tuition: $1,095
Early Bird Pricing: $995
*Use promo code FEBPRENATAL when you pay in full by Nov 1 and save $100!