50-hour Teacher Training: The Art of Assisting and Adjusting with Dom Nguyen, July 29 - Aug 6 (Sydney)
Hom Yoga, Sydney
Unlock your students' potential with the power of assisting and adjusting. This 50-hour course will give you practical experience in how to safely assist and adjust students in yoga asanas and help empower them to grow in their yoga practice.
In this 50-hour teachers' intensive, you will:
• Explore the concept of the body, and understand how to approach adjusts in every pose
• Review basic form and common misalignments
• Learn to observe clearly and methodologically, moving from the foundation up
• Address how to help beginners while creating modifications for them in a mixed level class
• Learn to create clear and inspiring demonstration
• Learn how to use props to modify, instruct and support
• Learn how to teach and adjust in restorative postures
• Explore questions from students about discomfort and pain, resulting from practising with improper form or from previous injury
• Deepen and refine your own practice
• Observe and assist in a workshop or public class setting
ABOUT DOM NGUYEN
A true yoga nerd, Dom is known for his genuine passion for yoga. After leaving an 8 year stint in IT, Dom has been teaching yoga full time the past few years. He believes that yoga has allowed him to find his dharma, and his true self.
Starting his yoga education at Hom Yoga, Dom completed his 200-hour teacher training under the guidance of Leah Kim, Nike’s Yoga Global Ambassador. His passion to deepen his knowledge and understanding of yoga led him to further his education, as he went on to complete his advanced yoga teacher training with Duncan Peak, Yin training with Sarah Powers and Budokon training with Cameron Shayne. At present, he is a senior teacher at Hom Yoga.
With over 3000 hours of teaching under his belt, Dom guides a practice which leaves you physically aligned, emotionally empowered and mentally inspired. Expect a fun, fluid, dynamic class which will engage and challenge you from start to savasana.
This training is open to all level of practitioners.
200-hour teachers can clock these hours as Continuing Education credits with Yoga Alliance, or count them towards a RYS-500 qualification. All additional 300 hours of training must be completed with Hom Yoga to be accredited RYS-500.
Saturday & Sunday, 29 - 30 July
Saturday & Sunday, 5 - 6 Aug
Includes 10 non-contact hours of assisting and adjusting practicum.
Full Tuition: $570
Early Bird Pricing: $520
*Use promo code ASSISTCET when you pay in full by July 1 and save $50!