200-hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training with Dom Nguyen, Nov 1 - 24 (Sydney)
200-hour Vinyasa Yoga Alliance Recognised Course
Led by Dom Nguyen
Nov 1 - 24, 2017
Hom Yoga presents this intensive 200-hour teacher training program, led by our highly specialised teaching team. This course is designed to provide you with a thorough and comprehensive training in both the practice and teaching of yoga.
Whether your goal is simply to enhance and deepen your own knowledge, or to gain the skills and accreditation to teach others, our mission is to deliver a high-quality training that provides you with all the tools needed to progress you forward on your yoga journey.
Hom Yoga has become synonymous with quality vinyasa teaching, and students of this training will have access to practice sessions and workshops with a wide range of globally experienced teachers.
As directed by Yoga Alliance, this program consists of 5 diverse areas of study: Training, Techniques and Personal Practice, Teaching Methodology, Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics, and Practice Teaching.
DOM NGUYEN - LEAD TRAINER
During this time, Blair also completed Exercise and Holistic Lifestyle coaching with the Chek Institute, San Diego and Performance & Results coaching with the Academy of Wealth and Achievement, Los Angeles.
His greatest passion is to share his journey and move people towards discovering their purpose and unveiling their gifts and talents. His classes are challenging but playful with an intention to leave you feeling grounded and empowered.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
We recognise that undertaking yoga teacher training is a big investment of your time and energy. We also strongly believe that the best learning outcomes occur in an environment that feels safe, supportive and nurturing. With this in mind, we work hard to deliver high-quality trainings that are small enough to guarantee each student gets the personalised attention they need.
If your goal is to teach we will empower you to find your own unique and authentic voice, and prepare you in the best way possible for a career in yoga. We look forward to meeting you!
This course will consist of theoretical and practical components. It is designed to create great leaders and inspirational teachers, but is also designed for those whom want to deepen their understanding of yoga. The course will be beneficial for anyone seeking to take the next step in their yoga journey.
During this unit of study, expect to employ the yogic practices of asana, pranayama (breath work), and various methods of meditation as our elemental practice. You will gain a profound understanding of the foundational asanas as alignment tools for safe physical practice, and for yoking the mind to this moment. Key components include:
- Sequencing vinyasa classes in a safe, logical and effective way
- Explore the act of intention and theme setting
- Learning how to use language skills to communicate through cues
- Understand the different learning styles of your students and how to respond to this as a teacher
- Explore principles of effective demonstration
- Develop your observation skills whilst mastering the art of safe and effective student assisting and adjusting
- Learn how to run a financially viable business as a yoga teacher
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
The study of the human body is an essential component for facilitating yoga, movement and injuring prevention. During this course of study, expect to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Human physical anatomy and physiology – e.g. muscles, bones, bodily systems and organs
- Subtle anatomy – e.g. chakras, prana, nadis
- How to teach modify sequences for students with injuries
- Diagnosis of postural alignment
- Recommending modifications for pregnant women
- How to teach people with varying physical ability e.g elderly
YOGA PHILOSOPHY, LIFESTYLE AND ETHICS
This part of the course explores real-world practical guidance for how to take your yoga practice to the next level. The outcomes to achieve are:
- Review established ethical codes of conduct for yoga teachers
- Learn the history and philosophical foundations of yoga.
- Study major traditional yogic texts e.g. Patanjali’s yoga sutras, Hatha Yoga, Pradipika
- Understand what it means to lead an ethical yogic lifestyle through the yamas and niyamas
Throughout the course, you will be given extensive opportunity to practise your teaching skills in an environment that feels safe, supportive and nurturing. We deliver this via:
- Practice teaching groups and one-on-one
- Extensive Practice Labs
- Learn a feedback model that helps you to both receive and give constructive, useful feedback on how to improve your teaching
- Practice teaching groups and one-on-one
Assisting students is one of the best ways to help your students grow.
Learn how to:
- Safely assist and adjust students
- Different types of assist
- How assisting can change the experience of your students
MONDAY - FRIDAY
- 6.30am - 8.00am - Morning Practice
- 8.00am – 9.00am – Break
- 9.00am – 10.30am- TT Session
- 10.30am - 12.00pm – Asana Lab
- 12.00pm – 1.00pm – Lunch
- 1.00pm – 3.00pm – TT session
- 3.00pm - 3.15pm - Break
- 3.15pm – 4.30pm – Practice Lab
- 4.45pm – 5.45pm – Evening Practice
Early Bird Pricing: $3,650
*Use promo code HOMTTDOM when you pay in full by September 20 and save $250!